The 2013 Event will be held on July 19, 20, 21
The 2012 Event….
To register for the 2013 Battle of Funkstown click this link.
To check out the safety requirements for the event click this link.
To become a vendor for a Day in the Park please contact the Town Hall by phone at 301-791-0948 or e-mail.
Please check out the activities from the 2012 Day in the Park/ Battle of Funkstown.
July 20th Friday 2012
- 1:00 pm the camp will be open for all registered participants of the re-enactment.
July 21st Saturday 2012
- 9:00 am there will be foraging in town by the troops for food. All excess food not used by the re-enactors will be donated to the St Pauls food bank.
- 9:00 am music for the public provided by The 97th Regimental String Band in front of the Hudson House Gallery on Baltimore St.
- 10:00 am the street battle will begin and will run about 1 hour on Main Street.
- 10:00 am until 8:00 pm food will be sold by the Funkstown Fire Company, Funkstown Lions Club and the St Paul’s Lutheran Church at pavilion #3 in the lower area next to the ball field off of Robert Kline Way. Please see menu attached.
- 11:00 pm until 8:00 pm craft vendors and businesses will be scattered throughout the west section of the park off of Maple St.
- 1:00 pm music provided by The 97th Regimental String Band, location will be in the east pavilion #4 in the town park at the top of the hill off of Robert Kline Way.
- 4:00 pm the Battle of Funkstown will begin in the east section of the park off of Robert Kline Way, and will last about 1 hour.
- 12:00 pm until 7:00 pm kids’ events on the west section of the park off of Maple St. to include face painting, spin art, airbrush tattoos, duck pond, dunk tank, kiddie striker, froggy fly fling, and a magician. All of the kids’ events provided by Funkstown are free for the children. The games will be manned by the Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts of Funkstown.
- 8:00 pm music provided by The 97th Regimental String Band at the east pavilion #4 on top of the hill off of Robert Kline Way.
- At dusk, fireworks provided by Master Displays Limited.
- After the fireworks, there will be music provided by The 97th Regimental String Band, again at the east pavilion on the top of the hill off of Robert Kline Way.
July 22th Sunday 2012
- 7:00am to 11:00am Funkstown Fire Company will be selling breakfast for $6.00 to include all you can eat pancakes, home fries, orange juice, and coffee at pavilion #3 in the lower area next to the ball field off of Robert Kline Way.
- 10:00 Civil War period church service at the east pavilion on top of the hill off of Robert Kline Way.
- 1:00 pm the final field battle will begin in the east section of the park off of Robert Kline Way.
- 11:00 lunch will be sold by the Funkstown Fire Company using the Saturday menu at pavilion #3 in the lower area next to the ball field off of Robert Kline Way.
- 12:00 pm music provided by The 97th Regimental String Band at the east pavilion on top of the hill off of Robert Kline Way.
- 1:00 pm the final field battle.
Funkstown is currently looking for reenactors for the Day in the Park reenactment of the battle of Funkstown. The registration for any one over the age of 12 will cost is $8.00 and will include 1 meal ticket. The registration for any one between the age of 12 and 6 will cost is $4.00 and will include 1 meal ticket. Any one under the age of 6 is FREE. Registration will be $10.00 for adults and $6.00 for youth 12 to 6 after June 15th 2011. There is also a $50.00 bounty for each of the first 4 wheeled field artillery pieces and $25.00 bounty for each of the first 10 mounted cavalry. You will be able to set up camp of Friday evening. The foraging will start in the town on Saturday at 8:30 am and will run will run until 9:30. The street battle will be from 10:00 until 11:00 or we run out of personal which ever comes first. The first field battle will be held from 4:oo until 5:00 in the park on Saturday. The second field battle will be held on Sunday from 1:00 until 2:00 pm also in the park.
Also check out www.battle-of-funkstown.com for more information.
To register click this link.
To check out the safety requirements click this link.
Please remember NO drugs or alcohol allowed on park property.
THE FUNKSTOWN VOLUNTEER FIRE COMPANY
DAY IN THE PARK MENU FOR 2012
SATURDAY July 21st Food & Drinks
Served 10 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Pit Beef Sandwiches $4.00
Italian Sausage $4.00
Hot Dogs $1.25
Water, Sodas and Sports Drinks $1.00
SUNDAY BREAKFAST July 22nd
Served from 7 a.m. until 11 a.m.
All you can eat breakfast $6.00
To include: Pancakes