The 2017 Event will be held on July 14,15,16
Highlights of the the 2016 Event….
Pictures of the 2016 Day in the Park / Battle of Funkstown Event.
There was about 800 pictures taken by our staff photographer, the best 200 are attached to the link below in drop box. All pictures are courtesy of Rich Look Photography and are offered royalty free to any one that wants to use them. Enjoy and we hope to see you next year. 2016 event photos
The car show winners for the 2016 Day in the Park
Todd McGowan 1922 Rat Rod Hearse
Roger Blanchard 1959 Chevy Impala Convertible
Paul Fowler 1954 Chevy 3100 Pick up Truck
Patricia Anderson 2005 Harley Davidson Soft Tail Deluxe
Information for the 2017 Battle of Funkstown
Click this link for the Battle Of Funkstown registration form The Battle registration 2017
To check out the safety requirements for the event at this link Re-enactment Safety Rules
High School Students in need of “Service Learning Hours” may contact the Town Hall for assignments.
Please check out the activities for the 2016 Day in the Park/ Battle of Funkstown.
July 15th Friday 2016
- 1:00 pm the camp will be open for all registered participants of the re-enactment.
July 16th Saturday 2016
- 9:00 am there will be foraging in town by the troops for food. All excess food not used by the re-enactors will be donated to the St Pauls food bank.
- 10:00 am the street battle will begin and will run about 1 hour on Main Street.
- 10:00 am until 8:00 pm food will be sold by the Funkstown Fire Company, Funkstown Lions Club and the St Paul’s Lutheran Church at pavilion #3 in the lower area next to the ball field off of Robert Kline Way. Please see menu attached.
- 11:00 pm until 8:00 pm craft vendors and businesses will be scattered throughout the west section of the park off of Maple St.
- 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm starts the Second Annual Car Show begins in the west section of the park off of Maple Street. Proceeds benefit Funkstown BSA Troop 23.
- 1:00 pm Rededication of the Henry Harp memorial in the west section of the park near the car show.
- 4:00 pm the Battle of Funkstown will begin in the east section of the park off of Robert Kline Way, and will last about 1 hour.
- At dusk, fireworks provided by Master Displays Limited.
July 17st Sunday 2016
- 7:00am to 11:00am Funkstown Fire Company will be selling breakfast for $7.00 at pavilion #3 in the lower area next to the ball field off of Robert Kline Way.
- 10:00 Civil War period church service at the east pavilion on top of the hill off of Robert Kline Way.
- 1:00 pm the final field battle will begin in the east section of the park off of Robert Kline Way.
Funkstown is currently looking for reenactors for the Day in the Park reenactment of the battle of Funkstown. The registration for any one over the age of 12 will cost is $10.00 and will include 1 meal ticket. The registration for any one between the age of 12 and 6 will cost is $6.00 and will include 1 meal ticket. Any one under the age of 6 is FREE. Registration will be $16.00 for adults and $8.00 for youth 12 to 6 after July 12th 2015. There is also a $50.00 bounty for each of the first 4 wheeled field artillery pieces and $25.00 bounty for each of the first 10 mounted cavalry. You will be able to set up camp of Friday evening. The foraging will start in the town on Saturday at 8:30 am and will run will run until 9:30. The street battle will be from 10:00 until 11:00 or we run out of personal which ever comes first. The first field battle will be held from 4:oo until 5:00 in the park on Saturday. The second field battle will be held on Sunday from 1:00 until 2:00 pm also in the park.
Please remember NO drugs or alcohol allowed on park property.
THE FUNKSTOWN VOLUNTEER FIRE COMPANY
DAY IN THE PARK MENU FOR 2016
SATURDAY July 16th Food & Drinks
Served 10 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Fried Country Ham Sandwiches $4.00
Italian Sausage $4.00
Hot Dogs $1.25
Water, Sodas and Sports Drinks $1.00
SUNDAY BREAKFAST July 17th
Served from 7 a.m. until 11 a.m.
All you can eat breakfast $7.00
To include: Pancakes
Single serving of,
Sausage Gravy & Biscuits
Hoffman’s Breakfast Sausage Links
Coffee & Bottled Water